Founded Since 2011
Institution Type Private University
Fees Range $$$$$
Student Numbers 2000
The Manipal Education Group has been responsible for producing some of the brightest minds in Asia for the past 60 years. The Group has a network of six campuses and affiliations with 30 universities worldwide.
Manipal International University (MIU), a member of the Manipal Global Education Group, is a full-fledged Malaysian university offering multidisciplinary programs with a focus in the fields of Science, Engineering, Business and Mass Communication.
The142-acre state of the art campus at MIU Nilai, south of Kuala Lumpur, represents an investment exceeding USD 200 million. This environment friendly campus is set to be the first university in Malaysia to comply with the Leadership in Environment and Energy Design (LEED) Platinum certification.
Manipal International University is registered as South East Asia’s first ‘Green’ University. MIU is highly committed to building a campus based on the best green building technology and has registered to comply with the United States LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) Platinum green building index. The first building in the campus has been designed and built to meet all the requirements to achieve a Platinum certification.
The campus has top-notch infrastructure for engineering and science education, with labs and hi-tech research facilities. The calm, serene environment offers students an extremely conducive environment not only to learn, but to excel.
The green building technology adopted in the development covers energy efficiency, water efficiency, waste management and site ecology. The campus forms part of MIU’s endeavour in promoting technology and innovation and fostering socially responsible corporate citizens of tomorrow.
- GlobalNxt University is a pioneering academic institution that delivers degree programmes through unique online global classroom pedagogy. The partnership between MIU and GlobalNxt will enable visits and exchanges of faculty and administrative personnel, joint research collaborations, and development of programmes and educational materials between both parties
- The University of Leicester is a leading UK University committed to international excellence through the creation of world changing research and high quality, inspirational teaching. Leicester is the most socially inclusive of Britain’s top-20 leading universities.
- Northern Arizona University (NAU) is a public university located in Flagstaff, Arizona and has 36 satellite campuses in the state of Arizona. NAU is ranked 78th on Forbes Magazine’s “America’s Best Public Colleges” list.
- Manipal University provides the finest in education to over 20,000 students every year. It also has an active alumni base of over 72,000 students across the world. MU and MIU established an academic partnership of transfer programme between course/curriculum delivered by the International Centre of Applied Sciences (ICAS) at MU and the School of Science and Engineering at MIU. This partnership will also contribute to collaboration in the period of 5 years and to explore other avenues for possible cooperation between MU and MIU.
- SUNY Plattsburgh is a public institution. SUNY Plattsburgh is a residential campus, located in a small city. SUNY Plattsburgh at Queensbury is a branch campus, offering selected undergraduate and graduate programs. SUNY Plattsburgh’s ranking in the 2014 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Universities (North), 81.
- North Dakota State University is distinctive as a student-focused, land-grant, Research University, ranked by the Carnegie Commission on Higher Education among the top 108 public and private universities in the country. NDSU is in the elite category of “Research Universities/Very High Research Activity,” with several programs ranked in the Top 100 by the National Science Foundation. NDSU is fully accredited as an institution by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
- Deakin University is one of Australia’s leading universities with campuses located in Burwood (Melbourne), Geelong Waterfront, Waurn Ponds & Warrnambool. Deakin is ranked 59 in the world in the Times Higher Education Top 100 Universities under 50 years of age rankings (2014). Deakin today has over 47,000 students of whom 17% are international students from over 127 countries. Deakin was awarded a 5-star rating by the prestigious university ranking organisation Quacquarelli Symonds (QS). The rating indicates that the university is considered to be world-class in a broad range of areas, has cutting-edge facilities and is internationally renowned for its research and teaching.
- The Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE) is recognised as one of the Top 20 Engineering schools in the US. The 2012 U.S. News & World Report ranked MSOE 19th “Best University in the Midwest”. In 2012, Forbes.com included MSOE on its list of America’s Top Colleges, which includes the top nine percent of colleges and universities in the country
- Lancaster University is currently one of only seven universities to be ranked in the top 10 across all national league tables of UK universities. Ranked in the global top 1%, Lancaster University is recognised as outstanding in research, teaching and the student experience.
- Swansea University Prifysgol Abertawe is the third largest university in Wales in terms of number of students. It currently offers about 330 undergraduate courses and 120 post-graduate courses to 16,020 undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- The University of the Sushine Coast is a public university based on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia. University Of The Sunshine Coast University is the public University in Queensland to earn five stars for teaching quality in the Good Universities Guide annually since 2007.
- Murdoch University is a public university in Perth, Western Australia, with campuses also in Singapore and Dubai, more than 22,000 students and 2,000 staff from across 90 different countries with a desire to discover, use their imaginations and ultimately make a difference.
Facilities – Manipal International University
- Hostel & Accommodation.
- Outdoor Sports & Indoor Games.
Manipal International University On Campus Hostel
MIU student hostel is 5 minutes walking distances from the MIU campus. Amenities such as restaurants and eateries, clinics, salons and banks are very close to the hostel.
Regular shuttle buses are provided for students to commute between the hostel and Nilai KTM Station during school days. All rooms are air-conditioned.
In the unit:
- Bed and mattress
- Study table and chair
- Fully air conditioned
- Study Lamp for each occupant
- Individual room key
- Water heater in the bathroom
- Rolled-up blind
- Each room comes with attached bathroom
- Resident warden and hostel management office
- Cleaning services unit at common area
- Coin-operated laundry machines
- CCTV at each floor and patrolling of security guards
- Ample parking
- Games and TV room
- Pantry on each floor
- Meeting and study area at the ground floor
- MIU provides buses for all faculty and students to commute from the KTM train station at Nilai to the university and back to enable students and staff who travel from nearby locations to the university.