Course Key Info
Field of Study Education
Subject General Education
Course Fee From RM15,300
Course Duration 2 Years
Study Mode Full timePart time
Institution Type Private University
The Postgraduate Certificate in Education is a unique modular and flexible programme designed to reflect the needs of individuals or organisational cohorts. While each module has its own particular focus, all are concerned with investigating contemporary educational issues in the light of economic and social contexts, appropriate literature and the shared experience of course members.
The overall purpose of the Postgraduate Certificate in Education is to deepen and refine your capacity for critical reflection on your practice as well as on the mental models which inform your work. Systematic inquiry is therefore an organising principle that underpins all modules on the programme, and you will be encouraged to identify issues that are significant to you and your organisation.
Note: Please note that the Postgraduate Certificate in Education is an academic qualification, not a teaching qualification, and therefore does not offer Qualified Teacher Status in the UK.
Malaysian Students: RM15,300 for the whole course
International Students: RM18,400 for the whole course
Full-time: 1-2 years
Part-time: 2-4 years
Typical core modules
- Practice Based Inquiry
Typical optional modules
- Assessment in Language Education
- Communication and Literacy
- Debating Special and Inclusive Education
- Effective Leadership and Change in Education
- Issues in Educational Leadership
- Language Teaching: Methodology and Curriculum
- Leading Learning
- Managing Language Teaching and Language Teachers
- Materials and Technology in Language Education
- Relationships and Behaviour
- teaching English for Academic Purposes: Context, Language and Pedagogy
- Teaching Language to Young Learners
- Understanding Language Learning and the Language Learner
English language requirements
- IELTS (Academic): 6.5 (with no less than 6.0 in each element)
- TOEFL (iBT): 87 (minimum 20 in speaking and 19 in all other elements)
- PTE (Academic): 62 (with no less than 55 in each element)
- MUET: Band 4
A relevant second class honours degree (or international equivalent). Relevant experience may be required for some of the modules. Non-UK qualifications will be assessed against this standard.
Malaysians applying as a matured student without the standard entry requirements but with substantial and relevant work experience (and have successfully passed APEL’s assessment through Malaysian Qualifications Agency) may be considered for an entry at the Postgraduate Certificate Level. Admission is at the discretion of the School.