Course Key Info
Field of Study Arts and Social Sciences
Subject Occupational Health And Safety Leadership
Course Fee From RM48,600
Course Duration 2 Years
Study Mode Full timePart time
Institution Type Private University
The MSc Occupational Health and Safety Leadership is a programme for those who have an interest in the management of health and safety at work. The programme presents health and safety leadership within a problem-solving framework and is designed around two central activities: identifying and managing contemporary risks to health and safety; and developing effective leadership strategies. The course is offered on a part-time, flexible learning basis over 24 or 36 months. Face-to-face teaching, tutorials, and workshop-based teaching with experts, are both supported and enhanced by an e-learning environment.
For the course you will require: a personal computer with a word-processing programme; email and internet access; the ability to be organised and work independently; and a willingness to engage in teamwork.
Malaysian Students: RM48,600 for the whole course
International Students: RM53,600 for the whole course
Full-time: 1-2 years
Part-time: 2-4 years
- Applied Research Project or Major and Minor Dissertation
- Occupational Hazards and Risk Management Strategies
- Occupational Health and Safety Law, Policies and Compliance: International Perspectives
- Organisations, Management and Leadership
- Overview of Contemporary Challenges to Safety and Health
- Research Methods and Evidence-Based Problem Solving in Occupational Safety and Health
- Specialist Issues in Contemporary Safety and Health
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.5 (with no less than 6.0 in each element)
- TOEFL (iBT): 87 (minimum 20 in Speaking and 19 in all other elements)
- PTE (Academic): 62 (with no less than 55 in each element)
- MUET: Band 4
An upper second class honours degree (or international equivalent) in a relevant discipline. Non-UK qualifications will be assessed against this standard. Applicants with a first degree in engineering, ergonomics, medicine, nursing, public health, psychology, safety science and other subjects allied to medicine are also eligible to apply.
Applicants must have graduated from an approved university. Other equivalent qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.